Last Updated: May 25th, 2018
1. Our Privacy Principles
We are committed to recognizing and respecting your privacy rights by keeping you informed and processing and protecting your personal data in compliance with applicable law.
Effective May 25th, 2018, if you are from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your personal data will comply with the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
2. Information that We Collect from You
Account Data You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us
We may collect and process some or all of the following information you make available to us if you register or use the Services, such as your:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- User Name
- Other Registration Information
- Customer Support or Technical Information you provide when you contact us with questions about your use of the Services
Public Data You Post through the Services
If you post information on public areas of the Services, that data may be collected and used by us, other users of the Services, and the public generally, such as reviews, comments, and user content. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Services that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
Usage Data We Automatically Collect from You
In addition to the information you provide to us, the Services may collect and process additional data automatically, this data may include your:
- Device Registration Data (for example, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device or advertising ID, IP address, operating system and browser type)
- Device Settings (for example, your language preference)
- Mobile Carrier
- Information about how you use the Services (for example, how many times you use the Services each day)
- Requested and Referring URLs
- Location Data collected through your Device (including, for example, precise location data such as GPS and WiFi information)
There are four types of cookie:
- Website functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
- Website analytics cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies: When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site and you will need to contact our Customer Care team to place any orders.
3. How We Use Your Information
Improving the Services, Providing Support, and Communicating With You
We and our service providers may use the data you provide or that is collected through the Services to operate and improve the Services, our other sites, applications, products and services, to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information and notices relating to the Services, and to communicate with you about marketing promotions.
We may also work with third party analytics companies to help us understand how the Services are being used, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, website and mobile application analytics, and to assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements.
We may use Google Analytics, an analytics service provided by Google or other third party analytics services providers (“Analytics Services”) to collect information about your use of the Services. These Analytics Services may collect information about the content you view and your system information and geographic information. The information generated by the Analytics Services about your use of the Services will be transmitted to and stored by the Analytics Services. The information collected by the Analytics Services allows us to analyze your use of the Services.
We encourage you to review your device and Services settings to ensure they are consistent with your preferences, including with respect to the collection and use of information. You may be able to stop further collection of certain data by the Services by updating your applicable device settings, or you may uninstall the Services. In addition, you may choose not to share your location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider/carrier or device manufacturer.
Purchases and Payment Processors
Promotions, Sweepstakes, and Contests
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us by email, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us describing how you can unsubscribe from receiving further marketing communications from us.
Social Media and Sharing
The Services may use social networking or “share functionality” or may contain links to third-party social media sites or applications that are not owned or controlled by us. We also may allow you to use social media sites or applications to leverage your existing social media site or application accounts to access features of the Services. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites or applications, depending on the feature.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, any share functionality or the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party site or application. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites or applications with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites. You are subject to the policies of those third parties when and where applicable.
4. How We Share Your Information
Your personal data is very important and helpful for us to provide and optimize our Services. We do not share personal data with any third party, unless this (a) is necessary to fulfil our services and/or the provision of our Services; (b) is permitted by applicable law; or (c) has been agreed by you. Insofar, we share personal data with third parties within the scope specified below:
With Our Service Providers
We may share your information with our service providers who work on our behalf.
In order to properly render our services in form of facilitating sales respectively purchases made between users via our Services, we have to share your name, the delivery address and phone number on behalf of the selling user with third-party service providers respectively fulfillers for manufacturing, printing, logistics or processing services. Please be aware that the provision of such personal data solely takes place to process the sale respectively purchase of a product made between users via our Services. Under no circumstances we provide such personal data to these service providers respectively fulfillers for marketing purposes. This processing is necessary for the performance of our contract.
Further, we are entitled to outsource the processing of personal data (completely or partially) to external service providers which are acting on our behalf as data processors in the meaning of Art. 4 no. 8 GDPR. When such third-party service providers are located outside of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), we will put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with the requirements set by law and data protection authorities to ensure that your personal data is duly protected. For example, these data processors may handle payment or credit card processing, data management, customer data pooling or aggregating, feature administration, email distribution, market research, information analysis, and promotions management. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf. In particular, we might use external service providers for the following purposes in the framework of providing and operating our Services:
- To host our website and to store its back-end database.
- To enable and provide communication via live chat.
- To enable and provide the technical basis for user product reviews.
- To detect, identify and prevent fraudulent use of our Services.
- To monitor the performance of the website as well as to detect and solve issues and errors.
- To provide customer relationship management, in particular, customer and product support services as well as the identification and resolve of customer support issues via live chat, e-mail, web forum, social media or phone.
- To provide data reporting and enable analysis for our internal business purposes.
- To optimize the typography on the website.
- To organize and manage internal business goals effectively and efficiently.
- To optimize and enhance our budgeting, corporate performance, analysis and reporting.
- To provide payment services for our users.
- To provide marketing and marketing optimization services.
We may share your information with advertisers, third-party advertising networks and analytics companies who may use it to deliver targeted advertisements to you on the Services or third-party websites or advertisers. Similarly, these advertisers may share information with us about you that they have independently gathered or acquired. We may also share encrypted versions of information we have collected in order to enable our advertising partners to perform data analysis or for advertising-related use.
As Required By Law or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies
In case third-parties address Artsider with the allegation that content submitted by you onto the Services infringes applicable law, intellectual property rights of the third party (including without limitation, copyrights and ancillary copyrights, patents, trademarks, company symbols, work titles, or designs) or any other rights of the third party (including without limitation, the general right of privacy and the right of one’s own image), we are entitled pursuant to our user agreement (cf. under https://www.artsider.com/terms) to provide the third party with your name, address and/or information relating to the content which has been objected, in order to enable the third party to claim such rights vis-à-vis you directly. This processing is necessary for the performance of our contract.
Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
5. Your Access and Control of Your Information
We acknowledge your right to access and control your personal data.
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Information
To request access to or correction of your personal data, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please include your registration information you provided through the Services. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
If you'd like us to delete information that you have provided through the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the information you provided may be required in order for the Services to function properly or may be automatically retained in backup storage or records retention archival storage.
Portability of Your Personal Data
Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another. Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information under your sole control.
6. Transfer of Data Outside Your Country of Residence
If you are located outside of the United States and you choose to use the Services or provide your information to us, your data may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers, databases or cloud storage facilities located in the United States. Your use of the Services represents your consent and agreement to these practices. If you do not want your data transferred to or processed or maintained in the United States, you should not use the Services.
European Residents: If you are a resident of the European Union (the “EU”), the European Economic Area or Switzerland, please see our Additional Privacy Notice for Certain European Residents.
7. How We Keep Your Personal Data Secure
8. Retention periods
We will only store your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected or – where the law provides for longer retention periods – for the duration of the retention period required by law. After that your personal data will be deleted.
9. The Privacy of Children
The Services are not intended for children under age 16. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
10. Security Measures
We provide industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data we process and maintain. For example, we take reasonable measures to limit access to this data to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for data we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services and you do so at your own risk.
11. Additional Notice For Certain European Residents
The following Additional Notice applies only to residents of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland who visit the Site.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have a number of important rights free of charge. GDPR gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us via our Services. Accordingly, Artsider recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. In summary, the rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Basecamp services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint With a DPA. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with your local supervisory data protection authority (“DPA”).
To exercise any of the above-listed rights (with the exception of the right to lodge a complaint with a DPA, which you may do directly to a DPA), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process any requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request.
13. Contact Us
14. Effective Date